Culture and the SDGs: Training and Residency Programme 2022 for Young Professionals worldwide (Fully-funded to Turkey)
Deadline: June 26, 2022
The Culture and Sustainability Lab are calling for applications from young cultural and creative industries professionals for the Culture and the SDGs: Training and Residency Programme 2022. This is a stimulating online programme with fresh perspectives on creative cross-sectoral collaborations for sustainable development, followed by a five-day in-person residency programme for the selected participants to exchange and brainstorm on collaboration models.
Culture and the SDGs is an experimental project that sits somewhere between an action research, capacity-building training, and a creative residency. At one end, it seeks to raise awareness about the UN SDG framework within the cultural and creative industries (CCIs) and highlight the inherent interlinkages between culture and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs,) while at the other end simultaneously encouraging professionals from other sectors (such as education, environment, and policy) to engage more actively with the culture sector. The programme will bring together eight cultural and creative industries professionals and eight professionals from other sectors (such as education, environment and policy) to explore how creativity and culture can help shape the future of the planet.
The online sessions will be conducted on Zoom and the in-person residency programme will take place in Istanbul, Turkey (Covid-19 and other travel restrictions permitting).
- Late August and early September 2022: An online programme with perspectives on creative cross-sectoral collaborations for sustainable development
- 12–16 September 2022: A five-day in-person residency programme for the selected participants to exchange and brainstorm on collaboration models
This project is funded by the European Union through the Cultural Relations Platform, and hosted by the non-profit organization Culture and Sustainability Lab.
The Culture and Sustainability Lab will book and pay for travel to and from Istanbul, accommodation from 11 to 16 September and any other incidental expenses during the programme. Participants may incur some costs based on the Covid-19 regulations, if unvaccinated.
The call is open to professionals in the cultural and creative industries or preferably be working in the sectors of education, environment, or policy (participants from other sectors of work are welcome to apply) from all over the world.
The participants must be:
- Emerging or mid-career professionals, aged between 25 and 40 years old
- Professionals in the CCIs or preferably working in the sectors of education, environment or policy (participants from other sectors are welcome to apply)
- Familiar with the UN Sustainable Development framework
- Actively engaged in activities contributing to the SDGs
- Open and willing to address contrasting ideas and challenge traditional forms of collaboration
- Professionally proficient in English
- Able to commit to the online sessions (2–3 sessions, up to 3 hours/day) and the in-person programme (full day)
Fill in the application form by 26 June 2022, 23:59 Central European Time. The project welcomes participants of all nationalities. You will
be asked to explain your motivations for applying and upload your CV. The application form must be completed in English.
The results will be announced by mid-July, please note that only successful candidates will be informed.
For more information, visit Culture and Sustainability Lab.