USAID Youth Excel Photo Contest 2022 for Young Changemakers
Deadline: July 17, 2022
Are you a young changemaker between 15-35 years old? Do you have photography skills? Do you want to showcase your photography skills with the world? Entries are invited for the USAID Youth Excel Photo Contest 2022.
USAID’s Youth Excel program is launching a 6-week global photo competition to encourage young people from Africa, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America and the Caribbean and the Middle East and North Africa to share images reflecting five main themes.
- Youth mental health and wellness: Photos that represent how your community is working towards supporting youth mental health.
- Youth at the forefront of economic development: Photos that represent how youth in your community are engaged in creating employment/employability for fellow youth.
- Youth and decision-makers at work: Photos showcasing youth in your community working with diverse stakeholders to create locally led community solutions.
- Youth driving decisions through data: Photos that highlight trends or instances of youth in your community using research and data to solve local issues.
- Gender and Inclusion: Photos showing marginalized youth (youth with disabilities, young women and girls, religious minorities, LGBTQI+, Indigenous youth, minority ethnicities etc.) positively participating in community development.
- First place winner from each theme will receive a special prize valued at USD $200 – $300.
- Open to young changemakers between 15-35 years old;
- They should be from Africa, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America and the Caribbean and the Middle East and North Africa;
- Photos must be an original submission. The submitter must own the rights to the photo (i.e. the photo needs to be submitted by the photographer or with permission from the photographer and have permission to use all identifiable people, buildings, objects, etc.);
- Applicants have limited five photos per entry. Multiple entries are allowed;
- Each image submitted must focus on a particular theme of the competition;
- Photos can be taken with a camera or mobile phone;
- Photos should be submitted in JPEG format with a minimum 1MB file size.
The contest will run from June 6, 2022 to July 17, 2022. Contestants must submit original photos and own the rights to the photos.
For more information, visit USAID.