Deadline: July 15, 2022
Applications are invited from interested applicants to join the Climate Action Champions Network. The Climate Action Champions Network aims to harness the potential of the youth by bringing together 100 individuals from the countries of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka, over 30 months to discuss and deliberate about creating a climate action vision for South Asia and the Indo-Pacific.
The objective of the program is to inspire the South Asian young leaders to champion an ambitious climate action agenda in their respective countries and in the wider Indo-Pacific region using an in-depth thematic understanding of climate change mitigation and adaptation. The selected climate champions should be actively engaged in and advocating for climate action and creating a network of individuals/organizations that works towards climate change mitigation and adaptation. A collaborative framework for a cohesive vision on climate action can help in shaping national and regional policies and in bringing about innovative youth-led solutions.
The Climate Action Champions Network will include a few surveys, virtual and in-person sessions, and a group project with a small grant for the teams with the best ideas.
- Prospective climate champions between the ages of 18 and 35, who are passionate about climate action, are encouraged to apply.
- The candidate must be a citizen of one of the five countries (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal and Sri Lanka) that are a part of the program.
- The candidate must be motivated to further the cause of climate action.
- The candidate must be possess good analytical skills.
- The candidate must be demonstrate leadership abilities.
- The candidate must be an innovative thinker.
- 50% of the final cohort members will be United States Government Program alumni.
- 50% of the final cohort members will be women.
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
You should have the following information ready before filling out the application form:
- Personal, Education and Employment Details
- Curriculum Vitae (Max 2-3 Pages):
- Statement of Motivation – What is your interest and motivation to further the cause of climate action? Briefly describe why you think you are a good fit for the program. (Limit: 500 words)
- Innovativeness – List any relevant innovation you have spearheaded. Examples include awards/certificates recognizing innovative products and services, publications, ideas converted to projects, patents, social media campaigns, and information campaigns. (Limit: 250 words)
- Soft skills – Describe a situation where you have exhibited any of the following skills: Critical thinking, problem-solving, and/or teamwork. (Limit: 250 words)
- Analytical skills – Describe any key initiative in which you have participated that addresses climate change (mitigation and/or adaptation) in areas such as ecology, green transitions, climate change and sustainability, climate governance, climate finance, or any other area. (Limit: 250 words)
- Leadership skills – List any assignments, projects, or campaigns for which you have led a team. Point out any instances where you displayed exemplary leadership.
For more information, visit The Climate Action Champions Network.