Ericsson Together Apart Nigeria Hackathon 2022 (Win a trip to Ericsson HQ in Sweden)
Deadline: July 31, 2022
Applications for the Ericsson Together Apart Nigeria Hackathon 2022 are now open. The Hackathon is hacking for a connected future and solving global challenges. The theme-based hackathon aims to identify innovative and commercially viable solutions showcasing the power of connectivity and 5G in Nigeria.
Africa in Motion is about Ericsson’s mission to empower a sustainable and connected Africa. Ericsson has been connecting Africa for over 100 years and has built the wireless networks for every generation – from the early 1G networks to the first advanced 5G networks. Their promise and commitment towards Africa are to always support a world where digitalization is transforming the eco-system; enabling sustainable growth, economic development. The Hackathon’s objective is to identify innovative solutions using technology and connectivity creating tomorrow’s solutions from today’s challenges inspired by Nigeria’s 5G deployment.
- Healthcare & Education Challenge: With gaps in digital platform literacy, professional training, access to affordable devices and more, how can new digital technologies and connectivity ensure the best future for all; regardless of gender, economic status or even geographical location? How can this be achieved while promoting sustainable economic gain to enable new businesses and a thriving ecosystem.
- Manufacturing & Mining: How can connected industry and adjacent solutions help improve process efficiencies, reduce operational costs and identify new business models, in order to kickstart a sustainable future for both industries.
- Digital Financial Inclusion: As the Fintech and Mobile Money industry grows, how can new technologies such as 5G and other digital solutions be leveraged to democratise financial solutions for consumers and businesses – allowing greater access, improving user experience, and ensuring higher financial literacy? What additional, innovative features could enhance the Mobile Money experience and address identified consumer painpoints?
- Smart Cities & IoT: Using 5G technology, IoT and other digital technologies as an enabler, invent and design a modern-day solution optimising something from Nigeria’s past. This idea can be a physical or abstract product or solution.
- Opportunity to develop and scale solution.
- Access to Network and potential customers.
- An all paid round trip to Ericsson HQ in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Meeting with entrepreneurial community in Sweden to present the idea/solution.
- Open only for participants residing in Nigeria.
- Applicant may be
- A creative individual
- An Industry specialist
- An Academic (graduate, post grad)
- An Economist – Business Strategist
- A Computer maven
- A Project manager
- A Systems analyst
- A Programmer
- A Entrepreneurs
- A Startup
To join Ericsson Together Apart Hackathon:
- Sign into the platform using your email and entering the confirmation code received.
- Complete your profile in the registration form.
- Submit your idea/project that fits the challenge you are interested in.
- Add team members by inviting them to join your idea/project. They only approve ready made teams of 2-4 persons. Team members must first be registered to the hackathon!
- Ensure your profile, submission and team are completed well before the deadline on July 31, 2022 (Lagos time).
- Eligible teams will be notified and invited to the hackathon.
- Join the hack, learn new things, network and develop your idea.
- Submit your pitch at the end for a jury review.
For ore information, visit Ericsson Nigeria Hackathon.