Coda Story Bruno Reporting Fellowships 2022 (up to $5,000)
Deadline: July 20, 2022
Applications are now open for the Coda Story Bruno Reporting Fellowships 2022. The 2022 Fellowships support three 3-month reporting projects that culminate in a notable story to be published on Coda’s website and editorial partners’ websites.
The Fellowship recipient is expected to spend 8 weeks reporting and writing, and 4 weeks working with an editor prior to the publication of an enterprise feature. The published stories resulting from the Fellowship are expected to range from approximately 4,000 – 5,500 words.
- The Fellowship offers a $5,000 honorarium to cover payment for the story. Pre-approved expenses will be covered separately.
- Throughout the fellowship, the reporter will benefit from mentorship, guidance and editorial support from Coda’s editors and staff.
- Open to early career journalists working in countries where journalism is under-resourced and the issues pertinent to Coda’s editorial concerns are under-scrutinized.
- Journalists working in Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, and Africa are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have excellent written and spoken English and have a track record of writing reported pieces in English.
To apply for the fellowship, fill in this Google Form, which will ask you to submit:
- Up to 500 words outlining why your story matters, which of Coda Story’s beats (authoritarian tech, disinformation, the war on science) it fits, potential characters, how and where it has been previously covered (and how you’re moving it on) and why you’re the right person to execute it.
- Reporting plan and a budget for any travel, reporting and research expenses.
- A brief cover letter indicating why the fellowship is right for you.
- Three published clips.
All files should be uploaded to the Google Form in .pdf format, at no more than 5MB each, with the naming convention LASTNAME_Documentname.
For more information, visit Bruno Reporting Fellowships.