UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme 2022 for Nigerian Startups & Innovators
Deadline: July 21, 2022
Applications are open for the UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme 2022. The Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP) is a United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)-led programme, funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF), promoting cleantech innovation and entrepreneurship to address the most pressing climate and environmental challenges.
Climate change is a global challenge requiring urgent action. At the same time, the demand for resources and energy continues to increase, especially in emerging markets and developing economies. The limited deployment of cleantech innovations can restrict a country’s ability to fulfill its low-carbon development potential. Adopting innovative clean technologies is critical for climate action without compromising economic and industrial development.
While cleantech Innovators have limitless potential for new ideas, they often find it difficult to bring their solutions to market. Cleantech Innovators and Startups often face serious barriers to commercializing ideas and scaling up their startups. Lack of technical support, limited access to funding, weak cleantech ecosystem, weak policy regulatory environment, and institutional barriers among others have kept most innovators in the “Valley of death”.
GCIP bridges this “valley of death” by providing competition-based business acceleration services for innovative cleantech start-ups and SMEs, linking enterprises to private sector investors and fostering enabling innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems.
- Access to high-impact capacity building sessions delivered by innovative business and cleantech leaders.
- Linkage with mentors and industry experts for targeted advisory support along the journey.
- Access to capital through relationship with strategic investors, VC firms, and other financing institutions .
- Opportunity to actively contribute to the national and global cleantech innovation ecosystem.
- Amplify your impact through National and Global events and showcases.
- Opportunity to scale your innovative cleantech solution in Nigeria and beyond through strategic linkages.
- Connection with large scale cleantech companies across the globe for possible collaborations.
- Open to all Nigerian based cleantech startups and innovators;
- Startups should have:
- An already developed innovative technology-based product (prototype or an existing solution in the market)
- A solution that falls under any of the following cleantech categories with particular attention to solutions that improve energy access in underserved regions:
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy
- Waste Beneficiation
- Green Buildings
- Advanced Materials and Chemicals
- A well-rounded and committed team with complementary skills.
Application deadline for startups is July 21, 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
For more information, visit UNIDO.