Ahimsa Fellowship 2022-2023 for Indians (Fully-funded)
Deadline: August 15, 2022
Are you passionate about animals? Would you like to contribute towards making an impact in animal welfare? Do you want to seek a meaningful career that aligns with your passion for animals? Join the Ahimsa Fellowship and pursue compassionate outcomes through advocacy. India’s first ever fellowship program in animal welfare is back with its second cohort – to be launched from 2022–2023.
Ahimsa Fellowship aims at mentoring and training young individuals from across India to attain proficiency in animal welfare advocacy. The curriculum of the program has been curated with inputs from leading experts in the field of animal welfare and the social sector. Ahimsa Fellows will work to render assistance to the State Governments and District Administration and law enforcement agencies for the enforcement of animal protection laws.
A comprehensive 9-month leadership training program has been designed to bolster the capacity of fellows to emerge as effective animal advocates. It offers a unique learning opportunity for advocates, activists and persons inclined towards animals to learn how to protect animals through law enforcement and advocacy.
The program offers:
- Mentorship with the best experts in the field of animal welfare
- Enrolment in National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR), University of Hyderabad’s One Year Advanced Diploma in Animal Protection Laws
- Travel and accommodation to New Delhi or other venue for mandatory contact classes and field work
- Experiential learning
- Peer learning
- Placement Opportunities to build a career in animal advocacy
- Open to Indians only;
- Applicant should have a graduate degree in any discipline;
- Good communication skills (English and a Second Local Language);
- Passion for animal welfare/rights;
- Persistence, lateral thinking, innovation and team player;
- Between 22 and 35 years old;
- Be available to attend the full 9 Month duration of the program.
Selection to the Fellowship is highly competitive. Candidates are required to fill a detailed application form. Based on the quality of the answers submitted in the form, applicants will be shortlisted for a phone-interview. Final selection of Fellows involves an interview with the selection committee.
For more information, visit Ahimsa Fellowship.