Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards 2022 for Grassroots Initiatives & Organisations (up to €5,000)
Deadline: July 31, 2022
Are you ready to share your transformative solution to tackle climate change & gender inequality? Apply now for the Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards 2022. The Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards are granted every year to grassroots initiatives and organisations tackling the climate crisis while promoting gender equality.
These solutions are examples of climate resilient and transformative development models that bring multiple social and environmental benefits. They contribute to raising the ambition for the achievement of the 1.5 degree target by 2030.
Three winners are selected by a diverse group of jury members following open and transparent criteria, and are announced during an official, high-level ceremony at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP).
- Award winners receive a €5,000 monetary award, a chance to attend the COP, which will be held in Sharm el-Sheikh this year, and enter a long-term mentoring programme which helps them strengthen and upscale their outstanding actions.
- Runners-up projects are presented in a written publication, on organisers’ online platforms and at the awards ceremony during the COP.
- All types of activist, grassroots and women-led and gender equality organizations and groups working on issues related to climate change from all over the world are encouraged to apply.
- Only non-governmental initiatives are eligible (local or national government initiatives cannot be considered).
- The activity/initiative should either already have been completed or should be in current operation.
- The initiative must fit within one of the 3 award types of projects.
Winning initiatives are showcased across three different project types:
- Non-technical – climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (e.g. in area of efficiency, consumption changes, resilience and capacity building etc.)
- Technical – climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (e.g. in area of renewables, energy or adaptation technologies etc.)
- Transformational climate initiatives with a women or gender perspective (e.g. addressing governance, institutional / societal change etc.)
Submit your application through the following links:
For more information, visit Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards.