World Bank #YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition 2022
Deadline: July 20, 2022
Applications are open for the World Bank #YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition 2022. World Bank is launching a poetry competition to showcase the importance of education and access to quality learning for young people in Western and Central Africa.
Share a creative, inspiring, and artistic 1-minute video of yourself reciting YOUR ORIGINAL POEM for the chance to get featured on World Bank’s social media channels. Through poetry, show and tell how can education unlock you potential and/or impact your community?
- The top five final selected entries will be published on select social media platforms of the World Bank and awarded a prize.
- Open to a citizen of a Western & Central African member country (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Ghana, Equatorial, Liberia, Guinea, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Togo)
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old.
- Bank staff including its consultants and their immediate family members, contractors and their employees are not eligible to participate.
Video Submission Guidelines
- Upload a 1-minute video of yourself reciting your original poem.
- Your poem should answer the question: how education can unlock your potential and/or impact your community.
- Record yourself in a quiet place (no music or background noise). Listen to your audio before you upload to make sure they can hear you well. No other persons are allowed in the video.
- Make sure the video is not shaky, the camera must be still while filming.
- Ensure your video is artistic, original, and creative. Videos must not have been previously published or used for a commercial purpose such as private sale or used in monetized platforms. All content to be used must be original, including any music.
- Do not add any graphics, text, or captions. If you need to perform your poem in sign language, you are welcome to do so.
- Film in landscape mode.
Submissions are due July 20, 2022, Wednesday, 11:59 EDT.
For more information, visit World Bank.