Snapchat 523 Program 2022 for Black Content Creators ($10k/month stipend)
Deadline: August 12, 2022
Applications are open for the Snapchat 523 Program 2022. The Black Creator Accelerator will provide 25 aspiring Black creators with a $10k/month stipend to pursue creative endeavours and get connected with opportunities to launch sustainable, full-fledged careers.
The goal is to provide them with industry knowledge, resources, mentorship, and opportunities to jumpstart their careers. Selected applicants will receive hands-on training and educational workshops from industry experts that work on a variety of products at Snapchat — from Discover, to Stories, to Spotlight, and Maps. Creators will learn how to use these different offerings to create great content, surface their profiles, grow their audiences, and more.
- The Black Creator Accelerator will provide 25 aspiring Black creators with a $10k/month stipend to pursue creative endeavors and get connected with opportunities to launch sustainable, full-fledged careers.
- In addition, Google Pixel, Westbrook Media, and UNCMMN will work with Snapchat to enrich the educational curriculum and create tailored workshops for participants.
- Applicant should be at least 18 years old
- Self-identify as Black
- Emerging creator
- Someone at the beginning of their content journey who is creating, iterating, and improving over time with little outside guidance
- Seeking to become a professional creator
- History of abiding by community guidelines (on Snapchat)
- Creates positive content that aligns with Snapchat’s values (empathy, kindness, creativity)
To establish an equitable selection process, applicants will be evaluated holistically by a cross-functional group of Snapchat team members based on the following criteria:
- Having a unique and consistent voice
- Alignment with Snapchat’s values
- Clear vision for future career goals
You’ve already got the content creation chops, so don’t wait — apply to the 523 program now! Applications will close on August 12, 2022.
For more information, visit 523 program.