Tübingen-South Africa Cultural and Language Exchange Programme 2022 for South African Students (Fully-funded)
Deadline: August 15, 2022
Applications are open for the Tübingen-South Africa Cultural and Language Exchange Programme 2022. The Tübingen-South Africa Programme is a cultural and language exchange programme that offers South African students the chance to be exposed to the German culture and language.
It also aims to bring about closer ties and understanding between South Africa and Germany. Students spend a month in Tübingen, where they take part in a programme designed to provide a broad spectrum of knowledge in various subjects, from language to history to economics. Students also go on factory visits and sightseeing excursions, which make for an exciting four weeks of multifaceted learning.
Successful Stellenbosch University (SU) students qualify for a travel bursary to cover their flight expenses. The programme then covers your:
- accommodation with a German host family (including a small breakfast);
- lunch and dinner during the week at the local student canteen (Mensa);
- bus pass for the month of January valid in Tübingen and suburbs;
- internet access;
- study material (notepad, pens, etc.);
- seminars and classes;
- expenses associated with other, accompanying events and activities;
- expenses associated with official excursions and factory tours, including transport, entrance fees, meals, etc.; and
- extra warm winter wear, if needed.
As your contribution, you will be expected to cover:
- your registration/administration fees;
- the courier fees for your visa application, where applicable;
- your transport to and from the nearest airport in South Africa;
- your meals over weekends; and
- your pocket money (they suggest taking about €350–400).
- Applicants must be registered for a full degree at Stellenbosch University;
- Be in at least your second year of study and have an overall aggregate of 60%;
- Have not travelled abroad before;
- Be able to travel to Germany for the month of January; and
- Be a South African citizen OR hold a valid South African study visa.
To apply students can send their CV and two-page written motivation to [email protected] by August 15, 2022.
For more information, visit Tubingen-South Africa Programme.