Deadline: August 8, 2022
Applications are open for the Commonwealth Young Professional Programme 2022-2023. The Commonwealth Secretariat has various opportunities available, including within health, youth, climate change, and international trade, among others.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 56 independent and equal sovereign states. Its unique strength lies in the combination of its diversity and shared inheritance. The Commonwealth Secretariat in London is the principal intergovernmental agency of the Commonwealth and its backbone, promoting democracy, rule of law, human rights, good governance, and social and economic development.
The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to support youth empowerment through her Young Professionals Programme (YPP). The YPP creates multiple opportunities for talented and qualified young people from across the Commonwealth to contribute to their core work through the transference of technical expertise, innovative ideas, specialist knowledge, and fresh perspectives.
- The salary is £29,070 per annum.
- You must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country aged 27 years or younger at the time applications close;
- You will need to have a bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area;
- Have at least one year of demonstrated work experience in the design and delivery of subject relevant development or democracy programmes/projects.
Applicants are to submit a CV and cover letter. Covering letters should be structured to address the key criteria required in the person specification, giving clear examples.
If you would like to submit an application for any of the positions, do so by clicking on the relevant link below:
- Assistant Programme Officer (Asia Region)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Caribbean Region)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Pacific Region)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Stakeholder Engagement)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Software Development)
- Assistant Research Officer (Climate Change)
- Assistant Research Officer (Office of the Secretary-General)
- Assistant Health Officer
- Assistant Research Officer (International Trade Policy)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Governance and Peace Directorate)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Sport for Development and Peace)
- Assistant Economic Analyst