EdTech Evidence for Entrepreneurs Course 2022 for Africa-based EdTech Innovators
Deadline: August 18, 2022
Applications for the EdTech Evidence for Entrepreneurs Course 2022 are open. The EdTech Evidence for Entrepreneurs course is for Africa-based EdTech innovators and entrepreneurs who want to ensure their EdTech products use the best available evidence for how to improve teaching and learning outcomes.
People developing EdTech products always talk about how they want to bring more research on teaching and learning to their product’s design, and they are eager to demonstrate how their product builds on the best available evidence. But they’re not quite sure where to start. This course aims to fill that need.
Supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Jacobs Foundation, and UK Aid, the course is intended to help you improve your EdTech product by offering practical, evidence-based lessons from fellow entrepreneurs, industry experts, and education leaders.
- You will have the opportunity to connect with and learn from peers, get customised advice from EdTech, business, and education experts, and build relationships that will last far beyond the course end date.
- You will receive a certificate of completion, a digital badge to share on your social channels, and will be eligible for a select number of micro grants.
- Both the self-guided course and the cohort-based coach are offered FREE of charge. The cohort-based course is available by application only and each cohort will have roughly 40 participants who will need to commit to engaging in all course activities.
- You are developing or have developed an EdTech product or service for primary-level teachers and learners in sub Saharan Africa. You might have your own company or work inside an organisation where you are leading the development of the EdTech product or service;
- You are based in East Africa (Cohort 1: Sept. 22, 2022 – Nov. 4, 2022), West Africa (Cohort 2: Jan. 16 – Feb. 24, 2023), or Southern Africa (Cohort 3: March 20 – April 28, 2023);
- You are eager and available to actively participate in the course with peers and experts for 5-10 hours per week during the six-week session for your region;
- You have professional proficiency in English (both written and spoken);
- You are at least 18 years of age.
The submission window for the first cohort (Eastern Africa) closes on August 18, 2022.
For more information, visit EdTech Entrepreneurship Course.