American Association of University Women (AAUW) Career Development Grants 2022 (up to $20,000)
Deadline: November 15, 2022
Applications are open for the AAUW Career Development Grants 2022. The Career Development Grants provide funding to women who hold a bachelor’s degree and are preparing to advance or change careers or re-enter the workforce in education; health and medical sciences; science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM); or social sciences.
AAUW originally designed Career Development Grants in 1972 to offer “encouragement” funding to AAUW members seeking to renew or resume academic work for credit toward career or employment advancement.
Today, grants support course work beyond a bachelor’s degree, including a master’s degree, second bachelor’s degree, certification program or specialized training in technical or professional fields. Course work must be taken at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States or at a technical school that is fully licensed or accredited by the U.S. Department of Education. Funds are not available for doctorate-level work.
- The award amount is between $2,000 – $20,000.
Career Development Grants are open to women, including people who identify as women, who:
- are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- hold an earned (not honorary) bachelor’s degree.
- received their bachelor’s degree on or before June 30, 2015.
- do not hold an earned (not honorary) graduate or professional degree.
- plan to enroll or are enrolled in courses/activities that are required for professional employment or advancement.
- plan to enroll or are enrolled in one of the following program types:
- Bachelor’s or associate degree program that is different from the field of study of the previously earned bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree program.
- Certification program.
- Technical school.
- plan to enroll or are enrolled in one of the following fields of study:
- Health and Medical Sciences.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
- Social Sciences.
The following criteria apply to the selection of Career Development Grants:
- Demonstrated commitment to education and equity for women and girls.
- Reason for seeking higher education or technical training.
- Degree to which study plan is consistent with career objectives.
- Potential for success in chosen field.
- Documentation of opportunities in chosen field.
- Feasibility of study plans and proposed time schedule.
- Validity of proposed budget and budget narrative, including sufficient outside support.
Quality of written proposal.
- Applicant is from an underrepresented racial/ethnic background.
- Applicant will be in an underrepresented area of the country and/or type of university other than a top-level research institution during the award year.
- Applicant is seeking credentials in a nontraditional field.
- Financial need.
Complete all required components in the following tabs of the application form:
- Recommendation & Review
- Your recommendation must be submitted by a college counselor or adviser, an instructor or a work supervisor who knows you well. AAUW does not accept references from dossier services, such as Parment or Interfolio.
For more information, visit Career Development Grants.