Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) Awards 2022
Deadline: August 31, 2022
Applications are invited for the Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) Awards 2022. ARIJ annually honors outstanding Arab investigative reporting. The annual ARIJ Awards, which began to be presented more than ten years ago, celebrate the integrity and professionalism of those journalists who are involved in making professional standards.
ARIJ Awards are independent and not subject to any influences from factions, organizations, political parties, religious institutions or issues far from investigative journalism. This year, 2022, is the thirteenth year of the annual ARIJ Awards for Arab Investigative Journalism.
The award includes the following categories:
- Best Arab Investigative Investigation – Gold Award
- Best Arab Investigative Investigation – Silver Award
- Best Arab Investigative Investigation – Bronze Award
- There are no cash prizes, but the top ten winners are invited to participate in the annual ARIJ Forum, an Arab and international training and networking forum, and the award will provide moral recognition that will give the journalist a wide Arab and international networking in the future.
- Open to all journalists from all Arab countries, and Arabs outside Arab countries;
- They must have produced investigations in Arabic, whether produced in cooperation with ARIJ Network or in cooperation with other parties.
- The works eligible to participate in the 2022 Awards are those published or broadcast from October 15, 2021 to August 31, 2022.
The jury makes its decisions based on the criteria below:
- Originality and significance
- Clarity of hypothesis – Research and sources
- Calculation of risks – Construction and storytelling
- Data presentation and visual processing – Law and ethics
- Use of language
- Accuracy, balance, clarity
- Additional effort
For more information, visit ARIJ Awards.