Deadline: August 19, 2022
Applications for the International Woolmark Prize 2023 are now open. The International Woolmark Prize is the world’s most prestigious talent development award for rising fashion stars looking to shape a positive future for the fashion industry.
Known as an important fashion design competition, the largely untold history of the International Woolmark Prize is a veritable lesson on the course of fashion and connects an astonishing list of industry legends, both past and present – all with the fibre of wool.
- All finalists selected by the Advisory Council receive a financial contribution for the development of their business and capsule collection.
- One overall winner will receive AU$200,000 and one designer will receive AU$100,000 for the Karl Lagerfeld Award for Innovation.
- Finalists also have the opportunity to have their collections stocked in leading retailers and become part of the prestigious Alumni Program.
- Open to Emerging designers from across the world;
- You must have been producing commercially available apparel for a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 8 years (at the time of submitting an application);
- You should have consistent experience in working with and promoting best practice across apparel supply chains, show a yearly growth in sales and demonstrate an innovative use of fabrics and textiles.
How the Competition Works
- Phase 1: Emerging designers from across the world who meet the Application Criteria are encouraged to apply for the International Woolmark Prize.
- Phase 2: The Woolmark Company brings together an expert Advisory Council of leading industry tastemakers to select 7 finalists from the hundreds of applications. These 7 finalists will then go on to compete for the International Woolmark Prize and Karl Lagerfeld Award for Innovation.
- Phase 3: The 7 global finalists have about 8 months to create their International Woolmark Prize collection, with help from the Innovation Academy, a group of like-minded brands who are working together to support the world’s leading emerging designers as they launch on a global scale. Collections – including mood boards and lookbooks – are presented to a prestigious judging panel at the final event, staged at one of the world’s leading fashion weeks.
- Phase 4: Each finalist will also continue their International Woolmark Prize journey, joining a prestigious alumni of more than 400, with the opportunity to commercialise their International Woolmark Prize collections via IWP’s Retail Partner Network, including the world’s leading boutiques and retailers.
Applications will close at midnight, August 19, 2022 (EST). Should you have any questions, contact [email protected].
For more information, visit IWP.