Downtown Kuala Lumpur Grants Programme 2022
Deadline: August 28, 2022
Applications are open for the Downtown Kuala Lumpur Grants Programme 2022. The Downtown Kuala Lumpur Grants Programme, supported by the Ministry of Finance, is rooted in the spirit of revitalising the historical city centre towards the creation of a liveable, vibrant and thriving hub.
The Grants Programme aims to address issues that are affecting communities in Downtown Kuala Lumpur as part of the vision of establishing a creative and cultural district in the area. With the success of the first grant cycle, they are now focused on helping business and communities within Downtown Kuala Lumpur to thrive and build back better – with a second grant cycle.
- Adaptive re-use
- Repurposing of heritage buildings for new use and new content.
- Restoration of the facade and/or roofscape of heritage buildings.
- Green Initiative
- Green and climate-friendly solutions to existing building or its surrounding.
- Cultural Content
- Curating and organising a series of long-term programmes to reactivate DTKL by highlighting its cultural heritage assets.
- Community Building
- Programmes that empower and enable communities in DTKL by providing them with avenues and necessary tools that facilitate community development, inclusivity and participation.
- You can apply for any amount as long as the project showcases a sustainable plan for the applicant and/or for Downtown Kuala Lumpur. However, this grant is not applicable for a full grant. They encourage applicants to seek co-investment.
- Open to individuals and organisations with creativity and resilience as the core components towards the rejuvenation of Downtown Kuala Lumpur.
- International applicants may apply as long as you live in Malaysia and have a stake in a business, property or project in Downtown Kuala Lumpur.
Applications can be made in two ways:
- Create an account so that your progress will be saved automatically.
- Fill in the details accordingly and submit it when it is completed.
They will contact you via email/phone to update you on the success of your application.
For more information, visit Downtown Kuala Lumpur Grants.