Sunday Times Charlotte Aitken Trust Young Writer of the Year Award 2022 (£10,000 prize)
Deadline: August 31, 2022
Applications for the Sunday Times Charlotte Aitken Trust Young Writer of the Year Award 2022 are now open. The Sunday Times Charlotte Aitken Young Writer of the Year Award is an annual award, made possible by the Charlotte Aitken Trust and the Sunday Times.
The prize of £10,000 is awarded for a full-length published or self-published (in book or ebook formats) work of fiction, non-fiction or poetry, by a British or Irish author aged 18-35 years. There are prizes of £1,000 for each shortlistee. The winning book will be the work of the most outstanding literary merit.
The award is administered by the Society of Authors and will be presented in February 2023 (shortlist to be announced in January 2023).
- UK and Irish citizens and those who have been resident in the UK and/or the Republic of Ireland for the three years preceding the award are all eligible.
- The author must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years on 31 December 2022.
- The work submitted must be by one author in the English language.
- The work submitted must have been first published in the UK and/or the Republic of Ireland, in the English language, between September 1, 2021 and October 31, 2022.
- The work submitted must be by a living author.
- Ebooks must be submitted in PDF format.
- Publishers may enter up to three entries per imprint and may provide a written submission for one further title for possible call in.
- BOOKS: For each entry, please send EIGHT physical copies to: Prizes Department, 24 Bedford Row, Holborn, London WC1R 4EH noting that any couriers should use the entrance on Theobalds Road.
- Also upload a digital version of the book when prompted. If the file you are using is too large for the form, complete the rest of the entry form and then send the file via email or WeTransfer to [email protected]
- CALL INS: If you are entering a call in, enter your written submission. There is no need to send copies of the book until you are contacted by the SoA, though they do ask that you upload a digital copy to the online form.
For more information, visit Sunday Times.