Prague-UNESCO City of Literature Creative Residency 2023 for Writers & Translators
Deadline: August 31, 2022
Do you have a breathtaking project you would like to work on during your residency in Prague? Apply for the Prague-UNESCO City of Literature Creative Residency 2023 for Writers & Translators.
The project Prague City of Literature offers residency stays for foreign writers and translators. There are six residencies available for 2023, each lasting two months.
- Prague City of Literature reimburses the resident for a return ticket, provides accommodation for free and a stipend of CZK 15,000 (approx. 600 euro) per month.
- Applicant must have cultural interest for the location;
- Basic knowledge of English language;
- At least one published literary work (not a private edition) or two broadcast or published radio dramas or one carried out or published theatre play or at least one translated work of a Czech author;
- Willingness to participate on the local literary life (author readings, meeting students, talks, activities arranged by the receiving institution or connected to the cultural events of the city);
- Working on the writings during the stay;
- The author who has already once received the scholarship can’t apply again;
- The Resident undertakes that in the course of the residency stay or no later than within 2 months from its termination, he/she will provide the Municipal Library in Prague with the text inspired by the stay that the Municipal Library in Prague, through the project “Prague City of Literature”, will be authorized to use to promote the Prague’s residencies. The Municipal Library in Prague will enter into a licence agreement with the Resident for the purpose of using the text in electronic as well as printed version.
The following are materials for application:
- Completed online application form
- Optional: extract from a published text (in Czech or in English) or sample of a translated text into Czech (2 pages)
For more information, visit Creative Residency.