Umoja Incubator Programme 2022 for Aspiring Renewable Energy Developers
Deadline: September 2, 2022
Applications for the Umoja Incubator Programme 2022 are now open. Do you have a renewable energy project that needs acceleration? Are you in need of project funding? Would you like to build your technical skills and industry knowledge in renewable energy? This incubator programme will get you there. Be part of Africa’s renewable energy revolution.
‘Umoja’ is Swahili for unity and a symbol of Serengeti Energy’s goal to give aspiring renewable energy developers in sub-Saharan Africa the tools they need to successfully complete their projects. The incubator will allow you to gain access to funding and global networks along with commercial and technical knowledge.
- Project Funding: Receive financing and construction opportunities for your project from Serengeti Energy.
- Global Networks: Connect to renewable energy market leaders by tapping into Serengeti Energy’s vast resources.
- African Impact: Be a part of the renewable energy movement and empower Africa for a brighter tomorrow.
- Training & Workshops: Grow your skills and deepen your knowledge in the renewable energy industry with world-class trainers and resources.
In order to be eligible to participate in the incubator program, the project you present must adhere to the following rules:
- Be submitted by its owner(s) or (jointly “owners”) or by its/their representatives;
- Be located in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA);
- Not be located in a protected area as defined by IFC Performance Standard 6 and IUCN;
- Use renewable energy technology (wind, solar and hydro only) with a size between 3MW-50MW and limited to a maximum of 25MW for hydro power projects;
- Have passed the “idea stage” and at a minimum an MOU or EOI;
- Have a viable offtake strategy and be located in a country with policies and regulations allowing IPPs;
- Up to 30MW for hydro with little or small community impact as possible.
You can only apply for one project at a time. Should you have multiple projects, apply for each project separately.
For more information, visit Umoja Incubator.