DijitoNaMimi Fellowship Programme 2022 for Tanzanians
Deadline: August 29, 2022
Applications are open for the DijitoNaMimi Fellowship Programme 2022. With Digital Skills being the centre of decent work and global goals, LP Digital supported by Women at Web under DW Akademie continues with efforts through the #MitandaoNaSisi Initiative to onboard more Tanzanians on digital platforms and advocating for online safety and meaningful usage.
The program targets 15 fellows for an immersive ‘digital you program’ which aims to equip Youth in Tanzania with knowledge on digital rights, online safety and violence, digital resilience, and digital skills in demand to participate in the digital economy. The fellows will be trained to be leaders who can demonstrate safe, meaningful and positive use of digital platforms for personal and professional development. The programme will have different subject trainers and leading thought leaders facilitate the session.
The fellowship programme will cover training in;
- Digital Citizenship (Rights & Responsibilities)
- Digital Safety, Resilience & Online Violence
- Digital Branding & Storytelling (Content Creation)
- Intro to Digital Skills in Demand
- Opportunities in Freelancing
- Intro to Digital Marketing & Advocacy
- A modest transport and data allowance (for online gatherings) will be provided as well as refreshments during the sessions.
- Fellows will also receive mentoring and coaching in any individual projects they would like to pursue for a duration of 6 months after the programme as well as linkages to any available opportunities.
- Applicant should possess an O’Level education minimum;
- 20+ years of age;
- All genders can apply;
- An active digital citizen with basic digital knowledge and use of social media platforms;
- Demonstration of work and engagement of the training subjects, i.e journalist, influencers, content creators, free lancers, creatives, online safety ambassadors, campaigners, development champions etc.;
- Basic understanding and writing skills in English & Swahili;
- Ambition to be a leader on digital spaces;
- Applicants from regions outside Dar es Salaam are welcome but at their own cost unfortunately.
Apply online by August 29, 2022. The programme start date is September 12, 2022.
For more information, visit DijitoNaMimi Fellowship.