Deadline: September 1, 2022
Applications are open for the L’Oréal Professionnel Empowering Diversity Scholarship – Fall 2022. L’Oréal Professionnel prides itself on demonstrating one of their core values to support diversity and equality within the hairdressing profession.
This scholarship will be offered annually to those interested in a career in the professional beauty industry. In addition, each winner is eligible to be included into a mentoring/coaching programme designed for cosmetology students during their time in school and for 1 year POST Graduation.
The Empowering Diversity Scholarship is dedicated to the memory of Sheena Coleman, a much-loved member of the L’Oréal Professionnel Education Team who sadly passed away in 2020. Sheena’s love and passion for educating and inspiring others will live on as they dedicate the Empowering Diversity Scholarship in her memory.
- The scholarship awards up to $5,000 in tuition funding for students enrolled or accepted in a cosmetology programme at any accredited institution whose service demonstrates a commitment to justice, equity, and diversity.
- This scholarship is open to new or currently enrolled students in a cosmetology programme that leads to licensure at an accredited school in the U.S.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- The applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the programme at the accredited school or institution.
- Celebrating diversity, the scholarship is open to students who identify as a person of color whose service demonstrates a commitment to justice, equity and diversity. Beyond demonstrating their commitment to these principles, applicants will be evaluated based on academic achievement, community involvement and financial need.
- Family members of L’Oreal Professionnel, elevate Salon Institute or the Franchisor are not eligible for this scholarship. Past winners of LP Scholarships cannot apply.
- Complete online application and submit proof of enrollment for a cosmetology programme with uploading your: progress report, or official acceptance letter from your school.
- Submit a 3-minute maximum length YouTube video with public link answering the following 3 questions:
- When was the moment you decided a career in beauty was your passion?
- What can the industry do better to support diversity and equality within the profession?
- Who is a role model you look up to that makes you strive to be the best at your craft?
For more information, visit L’Oréal Scholarship.