Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology & Inland Fisheries Postdoctoral Programme 2022
Deadline: October 1, 2022
Apply now for the Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology & Inland Fisheries Postdoctoral Programme 2022. Would you like to expand your research in freshwater science or inland fisheries? Are you highly motivated to put your new ideas into research action? Are you keen on working abroad to engage with an interdisciplinary team of scientists dedicated to advance freshwater ecology, inland fisheries or related areas? Or are you looking for unique research facilities that can help address emerging questions for the benefit of freshwaters?
You are invited to apply for a postdoctoral research position at IGB. Berlin, the vibrant capital of Germany, is an attractive science location, where you will find stimulating working conditions, excellent infrastructure and open-minded colleagues with a wide range of backgrounds in freshwater science and inland fisheries. Alternatively, they offer opportunities at IGB’s location on Lake Stechlin, one hour north of Berlin, where the LakeLab, a unique field experimental facility, is located.
- Postdoctoral positions are paid according to the German TVöD salary scheme for scientists in public research institutions (Labour Agreement of the Public Service), including social security and health insurance. They also offer a one-time travel allowance (€1,200) and a bench fee (€300 per month). The bench fee can be used for workshop and conference attendance as well.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree in one of the research areas at IGB.
- The working language at IGB is English. Applicant should be fluent in English.
Before submitting an application, contact your potential host and develop a concept on how to spend your time at IGB, bearing in mind the objectives of the Frontiers in Freshwater Science programme and fit of the proposal idea within IGB’s research scope.
The following evaluation criteria apply:
- Scientific record and potential to reach the aims of the proposal
- Scientific excellence of the proposed work
- Prospects on added value for the group and IGB as a whole
Required documents must include:
- Your CV, including a complete list of publications
- Certificate of your doctoral degree
- A motivation letter indicating your research interests and experience (max. 1 page)
- Your ideas for research to be conducted at IGB, outlining your aims and proposed activities (max. 2 pages)
- A letter of support by your host(s), including appreciation for the candidate and the proposed work, complementarity to the expertise of the host group and added value for IGB (max. 1 page)
- Optional: recommendations letter(s), if regarded useful by the host
The deadlines for applications are March 1 (and potentially 1 October) each year. Submission of the documents is only possible through the IGB host.
For more information, visit IGB Postdoctoral Programme.