Elisabeth & Amélie Fund 2023 for Foreign Masters Students in Belgium (up to €5,000)
Deadline: October 20, 2022
Applications for the Elisabeth & Amélie Fund 2023 are now open. The Fund provides grants to enable foreign masters’ students to do an internship in sustainable water management in a developing country.
The Elisabeth & Amelie Fund supports sustainable water management in developing countries, among others by financing on-the-spot internships for students from developing countries who are studying in Belgium.
The Elisabeth & Amelie Fund takes into consideration an integrated approach to water management that includes technical and/or sociological aspects. The internship will take place in a developing country (the student’s country of origin or another country). It will be tied to a master’s thesis or an equivalent and under the responsibility of the Belgian academic institution where the student is studying.
- The grant will cover the expenses inherent to the internship, up to a maximum of €5,000. The internship, which should last 1 to 2 months, must take place between December 2022 and the end of August 2023. About ten grants shall be awarded.
- Open to students from developing countries who are pursuing a master’s level degree (master’s, specialisation master’s or a second bachelor’s degree)
- Their work on a thesis should be linked to water management.
- Objective. The internship is linked to the access to water or its management in developing countries and must be clearly part of the subject of the candidate’s end of year project.
- Pertinence. The work undertaken by the candidate at local level and the results that emanate from this, deal with important local issues.
- Capabilities. The budget requested must match the candidate’s needs. He/She must have sufficient resources to complete the internship under the required conditions.
- Originality. The approach chosen by the candidate for his internship or the framework within which he is going to work have an innovative side. They are, in a certain way, different from the usual approaches or frameworks.
- Impact. What will be realized during the internship brings real added value to the scientific approach that supports the end of year thesis.
- Connect up to your account here, or create an account if this is your first application.
- Complete the application form online (you can take your time and do it in several stages if you like).
- When your application has been fully completed, send it in.
- They will send you a confirmation by e-mail, as well as a pdf of your application.
For more information, visit Elisabeth & Amélie Fund.