Climatech Run for Tech Startups Competition 2022 (up to $100,000)
Are you a startup specialized in Climate Technology? Apply for the Climatech Run for Tech Startups Competition 2022. Entrepreneurs are hammering out innovations in every corner of the world, and many projects show great promise in combating climate change.
Sensor technology can measure invisible pollutants that harm our health, and the rise of technologies such as the Internet-of-Things (IoT) provides advances in data collection for monitoring climate change mitigation.
ClimaTech Run’s tech-startup track provides global startups with the opportunity to pitch during COP27 in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, and participate in capacity building, incubation, and acceleration programmes.
The ClimaTech Run focuses on the use of ICT in developing innovative solutions and new applications for climate action, notably in the following thematic areas:
- Food security and agriculture
- Water management
- Industry 4.0 for climate action
- Urban sustainability, Mobility and transportation
- Other climate resilience applications
Prizes for this track are:
- Grand prize of USD $100,000
- 2nd prize of USD $50,000
- 3rd prize of USD $25,000
Special Focus on Africa
As African countries face significant risk for a warmer, drier future, innovators and tech startups worldwide can use cutting-edge digital technologies to aid in climate mitigation and adaptation. However, the market for climate tech in Africa is still vastly underserved.
Climate-focused African tech startups lag significantly in investment inflow, receiving only 0.2 per cent of venture dollars compared to 94 per cent for the United States, Canada, China, and Europe.
A special prize will be given to the top 2 African startups. The criteria for selection of African startups are the same as the worldwide track but adding that the founders must have a nationality from an African country. The top 5 African startups will be invited to pitch their idea during the global pitch event.
- Top African Startup: USD $50,000
- 2nd prize for African Startup: USD $25,000
- Access to tailored support programmess from ClimaTech Run Partners
Participants must see the following criteria to participate in the competition
- Registered startup operating for over 2 years or a proven track record;
- Has a team of at least 2 members, with member’s average age below 40;
- Sustainably driven and innovative business-supported by one or more emerging technologies;
- Not a spin-off or subsidiary of an existing company;
- Has a functional prototype or MVP (minimum viable product);
- The team must have good communication skills and can present their startup in English.