Deadline: September 8, 2022
Applications are open for the European Commission Access City Award 2023. Across Europe, cities are breaking down barriers for persons with disabilities. Is your city one of them? Then apply for the 2023 edition of the Access City Award.
Launched by the European Commission, the Access City Award recognises and celebrates a city’s willingness, ability and efforts to become more accessible, in order to:
- guarantee equal access to fundamental rights;
- improve the quality of life of its population and ensure that everybody, regardless of age, mobility or ability, has equal access to all the resources and pleasures cities have to offer.
- Participating in the Award is an opportunity to gain European recognition and a unique chance to review the current situation in your city.
- It also allows you to share experiences with other European cities, helping you to become an even better city to live and visit.
- Winning cities receive a financial prize:
- 1st prize: €150,000
- 2nd prize: €120,000
- 3rd prize: €80,000
The Access City Award is open to
- all EU cities of over 50 000 inhabitants.
- urban areas composed of two or more towns with a combined population of over 50 000 inhabitants, if they are in EU countries with fewer than 2 cities with over 50 000 inhabitants.
The juries will consider measures taken and planned in the following areas:
- built environment and public spaces
- transport and related infrastructure
- information and communication, including new technologies (ICTs)
- public facilities and services
Prepare your application now in the application portal. The deadline to apply is 8 September 2022 at 23:59 CEST.
For more information, visit Access City Award.