International Compost Awareness Week (ICAW) Poster Contest 2023 ($500 prize)
Deadline: November 1, 2022
Applications are open for the International Compost Awareness Week (ICAW) Poster Contest 2023. Each year, the International Compost Awareness Week Committee holds a poster contest to pick a new design for the annual poster.
The 2023 International Compost Awareness Week (ICAW) theme is truly a collaborative and international effort. This year, they teamed up with the International Compost Alliance (ICA) to select: For Healthier Soil, Healthier Food…Compost! The theme was chosen based on a serious world-wide issue that every nation, unfortunately, experiences: hunger.
- The overall winner will receive a $500 prize.
- Open to anyone in the world age 14 or older.
- Entries are limited to one submission per artist.
- Only one entry per person
- Size is 12” wide X 18” vertical (this is in inches)
- Resolution is 300 dpi in jpg format
- Poster contains the theme, For Healthier Soil, Healthier Food…Compost!
- Poster contains the words International Compost Awareness Week
- Poster contains May 7 – 13, 2023
- Do not add additional words to your poster. Only the theme and International Compost Awareness Week and May 7 – 13, 2023 are allowed. Any changes to those words or additions will automatically eliminate your entry.
- If you have a photograph as part of your poster, please confirm that either you took the photo or you have obtained legal rights to use the photo.
The competition will be judged on the following criteria (40 points maximum):
- Marketability of poster to multiple audiences – 10 points.
- Creative and original artwork and idea – 10 points.
- Attractiveness in terms of design and neatness of layout – 10 points.
- Overall Impact, all graphics are related to the topic and make it easier to understand the poster theme – 10 points.
You must complete the online entry form application and checklist and submit your poster online. Include a short paragraph on why you chose to participate in the ICAW 2023 poster contest and give an explanation of your poster concept.