UNU-WIDER Visiting Scholars Programme 2022/2023 (stipend of EUR 3,000)
Deadline: September 30, 2022
Applications are open for the UNU-WIDER Visiting Scholars Programme 2022/2023. The Visiting Scholars Programme gives qualified scholars an opportunity to research topics related to development and/or global economic issues, and to participate in UNU-WIDER activities.
Scholars typically spend a 2-3 months ‘sabbatical’ at United Nations University World Institute for Development Economics Research (UNU-WIDER). During this time, they prepare one or more papers to be considered for publication in the WIDER working paper series and present a seminar in their field of research.
- UNU-WIDER provides medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during your stay at UNU-WIDER).
- A monthly stipend of EUR 3,000 as a contribution towards travel, visa, accommodation and other out-of-pocket expenses.
- Visiting scholars may apply for a supplementary grant to cover high travel costs (incl. visa) if they exceed EUR 1,200 (lowest economy class fare). The programme does not cover expenses related to dependents.
- Applicants should have a PhD degree in economics or a development-related discipline. A good publication record is an added advantage.
- Applications from suitably qualified early-career, female, and developing country researchers are particularly encouraged.
They prefer applicants whose research overlaps with UNU-WIDER current research programme, but they remain open to proposals on all aspects of development.
UNU-WIDER only receives online applications for the Visiting Scholars Programme once each year. The deadline for submission of applications is 30 September 23:59 UTC+3.
Selected applicants will be informed by email of the final decision within four weeks of the closing deadline. The selected applicants must confirm their decision to take up UNU-WIDER’s offer two weeks after being contacted.
For more information, visit UNU-WIDER Visiting Scholars.