UBA National Essay Competition 2022 for Secondary School Students in Nigeria (Win N5,000,000 educational grant)
Deadline: October 14, 2022
Applications are open for the UBA National Essay Competition 2022. The National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria, is organised annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which aims to promote the reading culture and encourage healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
The 2022 Essay topic is “ASUU Strikes have often cost Nigerian students time. Advise the Nigerian government on how they can reach an agreement with ASUU to improve tertiary education in the country.”
- First Prize: N5 million educational grant to any African University of the winner’s choice;
- Second prize: N3 million in educational grants to any African University of choice;
- Third Prize: N2.5 million in educational grants to any African University of choice.
- Applicant must be in Senior Secondary school;
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX);
- Must submit a passport photograph;
- Must submit a scanned copy of a means of identification (birth certificate, National ID, or passport).
- Applicant must submit their valid contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address, and Email Address).
- Applicants must upload a scanned copy of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
- Applicants must upload a handwritten essay on the portal.
For more information, visit UBA National Essay Competition.