One Young World/Deloitte Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 13 ($50,000 grant)
Deadline: October 21, 2022
How do we empower individuals to address and prepare for a changing climate? This is the question One Young World/Deloitte Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 13 is seeking to answer.
As part of their commitment, Deloitte is proud to support the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG13 for the second year in a row. Through this challenge they seek to empower passionate people finding meaningful and innovative ways of tackling climate change.
In line with Deloitte’s ambition to address climate change through ecosystem engagement, the challenge seeks to support scalable youth-led solutions that:
- Reduce the impacts of climate change, and/or empower others to act on climate change
- Address root causes of the issue
- Demonstrate ability to drive impact and potential to scale
- Collaborate with others to accelerate or broaden impact
- Utilize innovative approaches
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2023
- A US$50,000 grant from Deloitte
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Deloitte professionals and partners. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Solutions should be evidently aligned with the SDG13 challenge.
- Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Solution is readily available, being piloted, implemented, or scaled.
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example, generating educational outcomes, employment opportunities, or developing skills.
- Solution’s impact in society must be adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Potential to grow impact after expanding in scope or size and/or into other regions.
- Must rely on proven or readily available technology (if technology is relevant to the solution).
For more information, visit Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 13.