SCAI-Women in Innovations (WIN) CHIP Fellowship 2023-2024 (Funded)
Deadline: September 19, 2022
Applications are open for the SCAI-Women in Innovations (WIN) CHIP Fellowship 2023-2024. With recent advances in PCI technology and techniques, there is a critical need for interventional cardiology specialists dedicated to offering minimally invasive percutaneous solutions to patients with complex coronary anatomy, severe co-morbidities, and/or poor hemodynamics.
The successful recipient may apply this fellowship fund to a CHIP Interventional Training Programme with a cardiac catheterization laboratory treating over 250 complex coronary cases per year with access to the following advanced procedures and technology:
- Chronic total occlusion (CTO) procedures;
- Calcific disease with access to atherectomy, including rotational atherectomy
- Complex imaging and physiology (IVUS, OCT, FFR, resting indices)
- Percutaneous MCS (mechanical circulatory support) in the cardiac catheterization laboratory
- Funding applies to 12 month fellowship starting in July 2023 and is provided to the training institution for $85,000.
- Open to interventional cardiology fellows or practicing interventional cardiologists interested in pursuing an additional year of advanced training (beyond traditional IC fellowships) focusing on CHIP (Complex and high-risk interventional procedures) and Percutaneous MCS (mechanical circulatory support) training in the cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Applicants must be in or have completed an interventional cardiology fellowship within the past five years, be board eligible or board certified for interventional cardiology, and a US citizen or permanent green card holder.
To apply, applicants must submit an application, which includes a concise statement of interest, a Curriculum Vitae, two to three letters of reference, including one from a cath lab director, CHIP fellowship director, or Division or Service Line Chief at the prospective training institution and Proof of prior training in the form of a diplomas and/or license is also required.
If you are awarded the fellowship, you must be ready to sign the paperwork with your selected institution by November 15, 2022.
For more information, visit SCAI-WIN CHIP Fellowship.