Mujeres por África Science by Women Contest 2022 (€11,000 Total prize)
Deadline: October 12, 2022
Applications for the Mujeres por África Science by Women Contest 2022 are open. The main goal of the contest is to give continuity to the projects that the women participants of the programme carry out during their research stays. “Science by Women” therefore goes a step further and prioritizes the impact of these projects in the countries of origin of the women.
Scientific dissemination, technology transfer and innovation are key elements for the sustainable development of societies and at the Foundation, they are committed to the implementation of projects that result in the welfare of local communities and give visibility to the transformative power of science done by women.
The competition has two categories:
- Scientific Dissemination – €4,000.
- Technology Transfer – €7,000
- Open to women scientists who have completed or are currently completing their research stays in any of the seven editions of Science by Women.
- The projects and initiatives (which may also be science and technology-based ventures) submitted must be developed in the African country of origin of the candidates.
- Women scientists who, at the date of publication of this competition, have not yet started their research stay are not eligible to apply.
- Only one project proposal may be submitted, so they will have to choose which category best meets their objectives.
- The evaluation and selection criteria include: quality, environmental and economic sustainability, social impact and commitment to gender equality.
The project proposal document must include: introduction, relevance, objectives, methodology, timeline and impact and monitoring as well as detailed budget. In addition, an updated CV must be attached.
Women scientists whose projects are selected by the jury undertake to provide a proof of expenses within two months of receiving the first payment and at the end of the project.
Projects should be submitted by email to [email protected]
For more information, visit Science by Women Contest.