EUTOPIA-SIF Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022/2023 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: December 15, 2022
Applications are invited for the EUTOPIA-SIF Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022/2023. The EUTOPIA European University is pleased to announce the opening of the second call for 25 postdoctoral fellowships within the EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships Programme (EUTOPIA-SIF) co-funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant agreement No 945380.
Starting in September 2023, fellows will be awarded a postdoctoral position for 24 months in one of the six EUTOPIA-SIF partner universities, including the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, the CY Cergy Paris Université, the University of Gothenburg, the University of Ljubljana, the University Pompeu Fabra and the University of Warwick, with attractive salaries covering their costs of living, and an additional budget for research and travel expenses.
MSCA COFUND EUTOPIA-SIF is a highly competitive programme offering very attractive conditions to young researchers for research excellence and career development:
- 2-year employment contract as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie COFUND fellow at one of the EUTOPIA universities, with a monthly average gross salary of €4,349 and a supplementary budget for research and travel expenses.
- Full academic freedom to pursue your research project in the state-of-the art infrastructures of EUTOPIA research centers and in a stimulating interdisciplinary and international academic community.
- International and intersectoral mobility through 2 compulsory secondment periods to take full advantage of the EUTOPIA research environment, by realizing an extensive research mobility at another EUTOPIA university during the fellowship, as well of EUTOPIA partners’ numerous global collaborations with leading international institutions and major industrial and institutional partners, during an external secondment; A network of more than 45 companies, local authorities and non-profit organizations actively support the programme, encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Extensive training programme including transferable skills development, such as academic leadership, and active career mentoring by senior academic supervisors.
- Attractive living conditions and high quality of life offered by the local environments of all EUTOPIA universities. Each university will actively support fellows and their families for mobility-related queries.
- Applicant must be holding a PhD or at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience. Doctoral degree or equivalent experience should have been completed at the date of the Call deadline, December 15, 2022.
- Not having a permanent research position at the moment of recruitment.
- Not to have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the selected primary host universities (EUTOPIA university recruiting the EUTOPIA-SIF fellow) for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the call deadline. The mobility rule need not apply to hosts of secondments.
- Researchers from any nationality may apply.
Applicants must submit the following compulsory application content:
- Detailed CV of the candidate (section within the application platform “Personal Information” and “Academic experience”), and a CV in pdf version using the dedicated template available on the application platform.
- Choice of Key Research Area(s): They must select at least one Key Research Area relevant for their research proposal;
- Choice of hosting institutions and research group(s): freely chosen among the six universities of the programme.
- Research proposal (mandatory template to be used, available on the application platform);
- Personal statement (maximum 2 pages – use of Times New Roman font and minimum size 11-no template;
- Support Letter from at least one hosting research group, signed by the head of the prospective Research group;
- Reference letters: two letters must be requested from referees chosen by the candidate via the application platform assessing the applicant’s previous research activities, research capacity and work experience.
- Ethics declaration – checklist provided in the research proposal template to identify ethical matters relating to their research project;
- Copy of PhD certificate, accompanied with a non-certified English translation if the initial document is not in English OR proof of 4 years of equivalent research experience (mandatory template to be used, available on the application platform).
Full application (and optional pre-application) for the EUTOPIA-SIF programme must be submitted online via the dedicated application platform, choosing EUTOPIA Science & Innovation Fellowship COFUND Programme.
For more information, visit EUTOPIA-SIF Post-Doctoral Fellowship.