Deadline: December 10, 2022
Applications are open for the IARC Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023-2025 for Training in Cancer Research. This call is both for IARC postdoctoral fellows in any fitting area of cancer research, as well as for two specific fellows for cancer research in children, teenagers, and young adults.
- IARC Postdoctoral Fellowships in Cancer Research: Candidates from low-and middle income countries (LMICs) are invited to prepare their research proposal in line with the priorities of the Agency as defined in IARC’s current medium-term strategy.
- IARC Postdoctoral Fellowships focusing on cancers in children, teenagers and young adults (0 to 24 years, supported by Children with Cancer UK: Candidates from LMICs are invited to prepare their research proposal focusing on paediatric cancers or teenagers and young adults cancers (up to 24) and in line with the priorities of the Agency as defined in IARC’s current medium-term strategy.
Fellowships are tenable at the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) in Lyon, France. The fellowship is for a period of two years (a brief interim report as part of the 1st year of your Fellowship as well as a final report at the end will be required).
- The current IARC postdoctoral stipend is €2,820 per month.
- The cost of travel for the awardee, and in certain circumstances for dependants, will be met. Dependence and health insurance allowances will be paid, if applicable.
- IARC Postdoctoral Fellows have access to a wide spectrum of scientific disciplines and to a unique network of collaborators across the world. IARC welcomes around 60 postdoctoral scientists and fellows, at any time, distributed across the Agency.
- Depending on certain conditions, Fellows will be able to apply for an IARC return grant of max. 10,000 Euros during the second year of their Fellowship in order to start up an independent research programme linked to IARC’s activities upon return to their LMI country of origin.
- Open to candidates with nationalities from LMICs only.
- PhD degree to be obtained within five years of the application deadline or by the time of starting the fellowship.
- Candidates with a MD can also apply, but should have obtained a MPH degree or similar additional training and already have research experience.
- Proficiency in English at a level sufficient for scientific communication required.
- 2 reference letters (from at least one current or former supervisor) to be submitted by the deadline of application; reference letters should not be older than a year at the time of the application deadline and provide an overview of academic and/or professional achievements.
- The fit and feasibility of the research proposal with the IARC supervisor and the chosen Host Branch is essential.
- Candidates currently at IARC as postdoctoral scientists, or candidates who have been at the Agency as postdoctoral scientist or as doctoral student for a period greater than six months, cannot be considered.
Applications are to be submitted online by midnight CET on 10 December 2022
For more information, visit IARC Postdoctoral Fellowships.