Yale Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Programme 2023 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: December 7, 2022
Applications for the Yale Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Programme 2023 are now open. The Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Programme is a four-month, full-time residential programme based out of Yale’s Jackson School of Global Affairs. The Programme runs annually from mid-August to mid-December.
The Programme provides World Fellows the opportunity to expand their vision, learn from each other, and grow personally and professionally. World Fellows contribute to Yale’s intellectual life, give talks and participate on panels, collaborate with peers, audit classes, and mentor students.
- Weekly Seminars
- Good Society. World Fellows present to each other their vision for making the world a better place, what they do professionally, and how they contribute to building the ‘good society.’
- Salon. World Fellows host distinguished guests for discussions on key topics, expanding their knowledge and challenging their views
- Personal Development: World Fellows receive individual and group coaching and skills development training. World Fellows can audit many of the 2,000+ courses offered at Yale, work on individual or collaborative projects, and conduct independent research.
- Hosting Events: World Fellows give talks and participate on panels across Yale, sharing their knowledge and expertise with students and faculty. Fellows are a resource to the University and are often in high demand on campus.
- Mentoring Students: World Fellows mentor students (both undergraduate and graduate) who apply to be their liaisons. The student liaisons assist World Fellows in putting on events and ensure that they are fully immersed in life at Yale.
- Networking: Fellows expand their global network by connecting with World Fellows in their cohort and with other Fellows spread throughout the world. Yale’s campus also provides countless opportunities to connect with faculty and students over shared professional and academic interests.
Fellows will receive:
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in New Haven;
- A modest, furnished one, or two-bedroom apartment for the duration of the programme;
- Medical insurance;
- Round-trip travel from home country.
- Applicants should be between five and twenty-five years into their professional careers, with demonstrated and significant accomplishments at a regional, national, or international level. The average age of a World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- Applicants must be citizens of a country other than the United States. While applicants who hold dual citizenship with the United States are eligible, strong preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the United States.
- Applicants must be fluent in English. An excellent command of the English language is essential to successfully participating in the program.
- World Fellows are required to be in residence at Yale University in New Haven for the entirety of the programme which runs from mid-August through mid-December.
Applicants must have:
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity.
- A commitment to the good society and to making a positive impact at the local, national, or international level.
- A promise of a future career in leadership and notable global impact.
- A special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking.
- A likelihood to benefit from participation in the program and to contribute to the global perspective on Yale’s campus.
- A commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus.
Applicants are required to submit a résumé/curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages), a personal statement (maximum 1000 words), and three letters of recommendation. Applicants also have the option of submitting a brief video statement. Comprehensive instructions can be found within the online application once you create an account.
The application deadline is Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 1:00 PM EST.
For more information, visit World Fellows Programme.