Social Shifters x Amazon Global Refugee Challenge 2022 ($10,000 prize)
Deadline: November 9, 2022
Applications are open for the Social Shifters x Amazon Global Refugee Challenge 2022. In 2021, 89 million people worldwide were forced to flee their homes due to conflicts, natural disasters, fear of persecution and human rights violations. As new refugee crises emerge, and as existing ones reignite or intensify, the need for action is now.
The Global Refugee Challenge is designed to enable young people (18-30 years) to explore, start and grow ideas that will help create a settled future for refugees.
They are looking for ideas, projects and business solutions that will support refugees and enable them to rebuild their lives. They welcome ideas at any stage and from anywhere in the world.
- Unlock Your Potential: Develop your skills, confidence, and future prospects with help from skilled mentors and as part of a supportive global community.
- Accelerate Your big Idea: Get FREE access to a world-leading Digital Incubator programme to help develop your project or business idea.
- Make an Impact: Compete for an award of $10,000 to deliver activities that help create a settled future for refugees.
The Global Refugee Challenge is open to anyone aged 18 to 30 years old, from any country. They are looking for ideas, projects and business solutions that will support refugees and enable them to rebuild their lives. They are particularly interested in solutions that provide:
- A rapid response to the need for food, shelter & supplies.
- Safe & welcoming spaces for people to stay.
- Cultural orientation, language and other support to settle.
- Timely information and psychological support.
- Opportunities for refugees to get involved & integrate locally.
- Access to education, training and economic opportunities.
All eligible entrants get FREE ACCESS to a Digital Incubator programme, including e-learning, live events, peer support, and the opportunity to access expert mentors from the world’s leading companies.
For more information, visit Global Refugee Challenge.