Dalai Lama Fellowship Programme 2023 for Emerging Social Changemakers
Deadline: December 1, 2022
Applications are open for the Dalai Lama Fellows Programme 2023. The Dalai Lama Fellows Programme cultivates and supports an international movement of young social innovators to meet global challenges in locally adapted ways as they promote our planet’s flourishing.
Dalai Lama Fellows (DLF) is a unique one-year leadership programme for emerging social change makers designed to help them cultivate self-awareness, resilience, and compassion via conscious practices; broaden their cultural perspectives; learn how to engage in efficacious ways with complex systems; and situate their work with local communities in sustainable ways. DLF’s ultimate goal is to help young social innovators to integrate contemplative work and intentional personal transformation with their efforts to bring about positive change in communities and the more-than-human world.
They provide each Fellow with:
- Immersion in their distinctive yearlong Head, Heart, Hands online leadership curriculum.
- One-on-one and small-group coaching to support their personal development and leadership in social innovation work.
- Participation in the Contemplative Leadership Assembly with Fellows from around the world and dynamic faculty.
- Lifelong affiliation in a global learning community and support system.
- Applicants should be between 20-35 years old as of July 1, 2023;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Current engagement with or well-articulated plans for a social change project and sustained engagement with the project throughout the fellowship year (NOTE: due to the difficulty of launching a social innovation project from scratch, they give preference to applicants who have ongoing projects, but each year they have selected Fellows who have a concrete vision for a project and plans to launch during the fellowship year, given they have the adequate expertise, resources, and community connections at the time of applying);
- In-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the project is seeking to address, preferably with at least one year of previous experience working with the community;
- Interest in learning and engaging in contemplative practices throughout the year;
- Commitment to participating in all dimensions of the programme (online learning platform, 1-on-1 coaching calls, group learning calls, etc.)
- They estimate full participation in the fellowship requires about 12 hours per month, not including Fellows’ work on their projects
- Attendance at the Contemplative Leadership Assembly in late July 2023 (DLF will cover all costs for travel, lodging, and meals for the Assembly).
The application for Dalai Lama Fellows consists of five main parts:
- Applicant background and overview
- Short essay questions
- Video submission
- Letter of recommendation
For more information, visit Dalai Lama Fellows Programme.