Deadline: October 28, 2022
Applications are open for the The President of the General Assembly Fellowship Programme 2023. The Fellowship aims to promote youth engagement in multilateralism and support the next generation of diplomats. It will bring to New York a small group of young diplomats and civil servants from developing countries, particularly from Least Developed Countries (LDCs), Landlocked Developing Countries (LLDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS), while also ensuring geographical representation and gender balance.
Fellows will be attached on a rotational basis with the teams of the Office of the President of the General Assembly (OPGA) –
- Peace and Security;
- Human Rights and Humanitarian;
- Sustainable Development;
- Reform, Legal and Budget; and
- Communication and Media.
The Fellowship will partner with United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) to impart training on the United Nations, its organs and subsidiary bodies. The trainings will also cover topics such as sustainable development, climate change, peace and conflict resolution and human rights as well as skills development in negotiation, drafting and public diplomacy.
Fellows will receive:
- A roundtrip economy airfare ticket from their home country to New York City
- A laptop and cell phone for use during the Fellowship
- A monthly stipend
- Furnished room
- Health Insurance
Member States and Observer States, from underrepresented countries, particularly LDCs, LLDCs and SIDS, are invited to nominate, through their Permanent Mission in New York, one candidate for the Fellowship.
Nominees for the Fellowship should meet the following criteria:
- Between the ages of 25 and 32
- Hold a university degree
- Demonstrate fluency in verbal and written English
- Have a maximum of three years of experience working in national government
To nominate a candidate, please send the following materials to Mr. Shojiro Nishimura, Senior Adviser at the OPGA at [email protected] with a copy to [email protected], mentioning “Application for PGA Fellowship” in the Subject:
- Note Verbale from the Permanent Mission nominating the candidate for the Fellowship;
- Candidate’s cover letter expressing intent to join the Fellowship (up to 300 words); and
- Candidate’s CV.
Nominations for candidates can be submitted until 28 October 2022.
For more information, visit PGA’s Fellowship.