Deadline: November 4, 2022
Applications are open for the Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2022. The objective of the Hackathon is to create digital tools for the Domestic Travel and Tourism that would enable the industry imagine and deploy innovative, safe and sustainable experiences for consumer and business travelers across the country.
In this competition, you are invited to submit proposals for scalable and sustainable applications that can serve as a reference point for the Nigerian tourism sector. The top 5 proposals will be invited to a physical hackathon at the UNWTO Global Tourism Conference to be held in Lagos, and the overall winners will receive prizes, as well as invitation to startup accelerator programmes, mentorship and other resources to build out their solution.
- Winners stand a chance to win both cash and in-kind prizes.
- Grand Prize Winners get an all-expense paid trip to Madrid, Spain to represent Nigeria at the UNWTO Innovation Challenge.
- Acceptance into Acceleration programme.
- Access to follow-up funding from BYCEP and partners.
- Mentorship from BYCEP and partners.
Other benefits include:
- Developer Badges for everyone that completes a successfully submitted app or web service.
- Access to partner companies looking to hire developers.
- Access to partner companies with project managers with experience building or managing Enterprise applications.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 & 40;
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens.
- Originality – 30 %
- Innovation – 25 %
- Code Logic analysis – 10 %
- System Design and architecture – 15 %
- Ease of Implementation/Deployment – 20 %
Submission of interest must all be completed before November 4, 2022 for you or your team to be eligible for the ﬁnal stage holding at the UNWTO Global Conference on November 14.
- Stage 1: Join the BYCEP Slack channels to start engaging with fellow builders and creators and Technical administrators for the Hackathon.
- Stage 2: Each individual must fill out the online application form to participate.
For more information, visit Tourism Hackathon Nigeria.