Online News Association (ONA) Women Leadership Accelerator 2023
Deadline: November 10, 2022
Applications are invited for the Online News Association (ONA) Women Leadership Accelerator 2023. The Women Leadership Accelerator is an intensive programme that supercharges the leadership and management skills of women who are pushing digital innovation.
The accelerator includes tailored, immersive programming, support and coaching to participants throughout the year. In addition to learning leadership skills and tools for navigating change, participants will focus on a challenge specific to their careers, whether an obstacle to overcome or an aspirational goal to achieve, either within their organizations or as an independent project.
There is no tuition cost or conference registration fee for the programme.
The 2023 accelerator provides:
- Virtual hello meeting in March, individual virtual welcome coaching between March and April, and an in-person cohort workshop in April/May; focused on hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; and one-on-one coaching from industry leaders.
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges.
- Registration to the 2023 Online News Association Conference (#ONA23).
- Closing workshop for the cohort in August, coinciding with ONA23
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system.
- Open to all women working in digital news media, including freelancers, entrepreneurs and independent journalists around the world.
- They are looking for women who not only have an understanding of the digital journalism landscape but who are helping to advance it in innovative ways.
- Applicants should have experience managing people or projects and be committed to further developing their skills.
All application materials are due by 11:59 p.m. EST (4:59 UTC) on Thursday, November 10, 2022.