Deadline: November 7, 2022
Applications are open for the Leica Women Foto Project Award 2023. The Leica Women Foto Project serves to empower the female perspective and its impact on today’s visual stories.
They believe the shape of a story is reactive to the storyteller’s perspective, developing a narrative that too often is reflective of individual truths. The Leica Women Foto Project encourages diversity and inclusion in visual storytelling to amplify voices typically underrepresented in photography, discovering the breadth of shapes formed by a single story. Conceived in 2019, the initiative has evolved to offer cash awards, mentorship and business opportunities and Leica equipment to serve the female perspective in the world of photography.
- One applicant from each region will be awarded a Leica SL2-S camera set and $10,000 USD.
- Open only to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States, United Kingdom, Mexico, or Canada (excluding residents of the province of Québec);
- Applicants should be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at time of entry in the Contest.
Each submission must be accompanied by:
- Project title
- Ten (10) images of which at least four (4) images were created between 2019 and 2022
- Brief project statement (1-2 sentences), including the connection to humanity
- Project description (up to 250 words)
- Project timeline
- Artist bio (up to 150 words)
- Summary of intent of use of prize money, budget allocation and timeline. Prize money MUST be used to fund the completion of the project as indicated by Summary of Intent. Prize recipients MUST keep all receipts related to the allocation of prize money and may be asked to submit proof of use on or before January 23, 2024.
For more information, visit Leica Women Foto Project Award.