YSEALI Advancing Agribusiness Digital Marketing Regional Workshop 2023
Deadline: November 25, 2022
Applications are open for the YSEALI Advancing Agribusiness Digital Marketing Regional Workshop 2023. To empower young leaders to use technology to drive agribusiness in the region, the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) will convene a five-day Advancing Agribusiness Digital Marketing Regional Workshop in Dili, Timor-Leste on February 27 – March 3, 2023.
The workshop will include:
- A series of presentations and workshops to equip participants with skills to develop digital marketing strategies to expand agribusiness, including: global and ASEAN food security, sustainable agri-tech and digital businesses, and agribusiness beyond the pandemic.
- Development of digital marketing strategies and a presentation competition to select a winning team based on knowledge learned.
- A site visit to local sustainable agribusiness to see what it takes to implement strategies at scale and in practice.
- Cultural exchange and bonding experiences between all participants to enable future collaboration.
Agriculture in Southeast Asia is a dynamic sector poised for growth, but the sector faces several important challenges. The UN recently declared that global food production needed to double from 2012 to 2050 to feed the planet, climate change is already affecting Southeast Asia, and supply chains continue to face disruptions. Furthermore, most farmers in the region still face economic insecurity, and the agricultural sector continues to be underfunded.
In many countries in Southeast Asia, young agribusiness entrepreneurs are at the forefront of addressing these challenges. Southeast Asia is already a leading agricultural exporter and producer (including 31% of global rice production). The region is home to 682 million people, with a young population with a median age of 30 years. Bain and Temasek estimate that there are $225 billion in green economic opportunities in the region for agri-food and forestry. Southeast Asia has potential paths to success with its young population and sustainable growth opportunities.
Technology is one force multiplier to enable young agribusiness entrepreneurs to develop local and regional market opportunities including by building and deploying digital marketing strategies and implementing innovative technologies.
- Open to young agribusiness entrepreneurs in the Southeast Asia region;
- They should be interested in using technology to drive agribusiness in the region.
For more information, visit YSEALI Workshop.