Call for Nominations: Yidan Education Prize 2023 (up to HK$30 million)
Deadline: March 31, 2023
Nominations are open for the Yidan Education Prize 2023. The Yidan Prize is an inclusive education award that recognizes individuals, or up to three-member teams, who have contributed significantly to education research and development. The prize aims to progress learning by building a global community committed to advancing ideas in education.
Each year the Yidan Prize is awarded in two categories to individuals, or teams of up to three members:
- Yidan Prize for Education Research: Awarded for significant contribution to the science of education.
- Yidan Prize for Education Development: Awarded for instituting positive change in education and learning.
- Each prize comprises a gold medal and a total sum of HK$30 million (around US$3.9 million). Half is a cash prize of HK$15 million. The other HK$15 million is a project fund to help them expand their initiatives.
- Nominators are typically members of government bodies, non-governmental organizations, professional associations and individual thought leaders.
- The nominator should be a credible witness to the impact of the nominee(s).
- Nominees can be either individuals or teams of up to three members. They can be teachers, researchers, academics, policymakers and education advocates.
- Self-nominations are accepted, however posthumous nominations are not.
Each nomination is reviewed against a set of rigorous criteria. These are based on the degree the nominees’ work is future-oriented, innovative, transformative, and sustainable.
Are you shaping the future through education? They want to hear about you. Nominations for the 2023 Yidan Prize will close on March 31, 2023 at 12 noon Hong Kong time (GMT+8).