WikiCredibility Grants Initiative 2022 Call for Proposals (up to $10,000)
Deadline: November 28, 2022
Submit proposals for the WikiCredibility Grants Initiative 2022. The WikiCredibility Grants Initiative (WikiCred), a project of Hacks/Hackers, requests applications from individuals, groups, or organizations seeking funding support for the development of tools, projects or initiatives that strengthen credibility and reliability of information within Wikimedia projects.
Hacks/Hackers is a rapidly expanding international grassroots journalism organization with dozens of groups (and counting) and thousands of members across four continents (and counting). Hacks/Hackers’s mission is to create a network of journalists (“hacks”) and technologists (“hackers”) who rethink the future of news and information.
Projects and topics should clearly intersect with the overall mission of Hacks/Hackers and MisinfoCon communities with focus on trust online and trustworthiness, information veracity, reliability and integrity and envisioning new solutions and new information networks and systems.
- Up to $10,000 per project.
- All are welcome to apply regardless of geographical location.
- Projects, tools, and initiatives across all Wikimedia projects as well as Wikipedias of all languages will be considered.
Scope and Preferred Topics
- WikiCred is particularly interested in supporting the development of Wikimedia tools, projects, programmes or initiatives that will benefit underserved communities or improve content related to timely topics such as reproductive health care and election misinformation. Other topics will also be considered.
- Tools should aim to strengthen sourcing practices within Wikimedia projects by improving access to high-quality credible sources as well as the citations they are used to create.
- WikiCred will also consider applications seeking funds to facilitate Wiki meetups that invite talks on strengthening credibility on Wikimedia projects and the overall information ecosystem. Sample meetup attendees may include journalists, librarians, editors, teachers, media literacy groups or NGO’s.
All applications will be reviewed and scored by a panel of experienced Wikimedians. More information will be shared as the panel is finalized.
For more information, visit WikiCredibility Grants.