Salzburg Global Seminar Internship Program 2023 in Salzburg, Austria (Funded)
Deadline: December 31, 2022
Are you passionate about helping to shape a better world? Are you hungry to put your classroom learning to work and gain real world knowledge and skills? Do you want to work in an international team in an inspiring environment? Apply for an internship with Salzburg Global Seminar!
Salzburg Global Seminar is an independent non-profit organization founded in 1947 to challenge current and future leaders to shape a better world. Their multi-year programs aim to bridge divides, expand collaboration and transform systems. For nearly three decades, they have offered talented students and young graduates the opportunity to work at Salzburg Global Seminar and live at Schloss Leopoldskron through their Internship Program.
Their interns are selected from across the world in a highly competitive process. While undergraduates who have completed at least three years of accredited study may apply, preference is given to recent college graduates or to those in early-stage graduate studies whose interests and skills align well with Salzburg Global’s programs and activities.
Salzburg Global Seminar offers a number of three-month internship programs (non-accredited), which allow interns to not only enhance their skills and knowledge, but also access its impressive network of Salzburg Global Fellows. They make every effort to select a diverse group of interns and to align their general and specific assignments to maximize both the learning experience interns receive and the contribution they can make.
While the internships are unpaid, Salzburg Global does provide interns with free room and board at Schloss Leopoldskron, travel from and return to the intern’s country of residence, insurance, and visa processing assistance.
- Communication internship: Salzburg Global Seminar seeks a recent university graduate with experience in writing journalistically, who is passionate about writing features, telling stories, and creating multimedia content to capture our programs’ impact and be part of a small but busy Public Affairs Team.
- Development internship: Salzburg Global seeks an intern in their Salzburg office to assist with background research into institutions and potential partners, the drafting of program-related concept notes, proposals, and reports, as well as administrative support for Salzburg Global’s programs.
- Library internship: Salzburg Global Seminar seeks a self-motivated, proactive library studies graduate for an internship interested in supporting the creation of our institutional archives, their private library, and our programs. This unique opportunity allows the intern to receive real-world experience transforming digital documents into a usable archive and serve as the point of contact for Salzburg Global’s small, private collection.
- Program internship: Salzburg Global Seminar seeks self-motivated and proactive interns to assist with program research, administration and delivery, and writing/editing at its headquarters at Schloss Leopoldskron, Salzburg, Austria.
- Hong Kong Universities Internship: Salzburg Global Seminar is looking for students about to enter, currently enrolled or recently graduated from a university in Hong Kong to apply for Salzburg Global’s Internship Program in Summer 2023.
- Open to interns from across the world
- Undergraduates working towards a bachelor’s degree with a demonstrable interest in one of Salzburg Global’s program areas may apply to either the Program Internship or the Development Internship.
- The Communications Team and Library Internships are only open to applicants with an undergraduate or graduate degree in relevant fields.
Please explore the open positions above, and apply!
The online form requires the following:
- A one-page cover letter explaining why you want to work for Salzburg Global Seminar and why you would be a good fit for this specific internship
- A CV/résumé
- For Communication Interns: Three examples of your communications work, including long-form writing and multimedia (these can be provided as attachments or links)
While there are various start dates throughout the year, all applications must be submitted by December 31, 2022. They will only consider complete applications. They will review all applications after the deadline and inform applicants of their status in January 2023.
For more information, visit Salzburg Global Seminar.