Sustainable Ocean Alliance (SOA) Ocean Hackathon 2022
Deadline: December 1, 2022
Applications are open for the Sustainable Ocean Alliance (SOA) Ocean Hackathon 2022. Sustainable Ocean Alliance is thrilled to partner with the Center for Sea Rise Solutions and their global community to host the second edition of the Ocean Hackathon in Sausalito, CA on December 2-4 – amplifying the great ideas of ocean solutionists local to the SF Bay Area and beyond.
Whether you are a marine biologist, mechanical engineer, or ocean advocate seeking to support the ocean-impact space, they want you to join them to solve unique challenges spanning from the marinas of Sausalito, California to the shores of Cascais, Portugal and to the reefs of the Caribbean.
The challenges will address some of the following core issues facing the ocean and coastal communities:
- Ocean mapping, including quantifying seaweed farms and key habitats of marine species for offshore wind plans
- Electrification of the maritime industry
- The supply chain of ingredients for alternatives to seafood
- Ocean regulation + monitoring in coastal cities
- Navigating the complexities of how our communities, businesses and technologies adapt to climate change most effectively and intentionally.
- The top winners of the Ocean Hackathon will receive a trip to compete in the grand finale in Brest, France, along with curated support from the SOA Team and alliance of mentors and partners, plus unique programming opportunities.
- Open to ocean innovators such as marine biologists, mechanical engineers, or ocean advocate;
- Applicants should be local to the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond.
The Hackaton will run from Friday, December 2 2022, 4:00 pm – Sunday, December 4 2022, 7:00 pm.
For more information, visit Sausalito Ocean Hackathon.