Commonwealth Youth Climate Change Network (CYCN) #YouthLeadSDG14 Action Challenge 2022 (£1,000 prize)
Deadline: December 8, 2022
Applications are open for the CYCN #YouthLeadSDG14 Action Challenge 2022. The Commonwealth Secretary-General and the Commonwealth Youth Climate Change Network (CYCN) launched this global competition to inspire, empower and reward young people taking action on oceans.
The #YouthLeadSDG14 Action Challenge, revealed at COP27, will see three young activists awarded £1,000 each for their work towards the realisation of the fourteenth UN sustainable development goal (SDG14).
SDG14 emphasises how important conserving and sustainably using oceans, seas and marine resources is to the health of individuals, communities, nations and the planet. Climate change is a huge threat to these environments – particularly in the Commonwealth where 49 of the 56 member countries have coastlines – making youth action vital to its protection for future generations to come.
- Three winners will be picked and awarded £1,000 each.
- You must be aged 18-30;
- Applicant must come from a Commonwealth country.
To take part, entrants must:
- Sign up for the Action Challenge
- Take photos or film videos (max 10 minutes) documenting their efforts on one or more of the 14 points
- Submit a report via the Action Challenge submission form
- Post the content on social media using #YouthLeadSDG14 and #BlueCharter, tagging @CYCNOfficial and @ComsecYouth
For more information, visit #YouthLeadSDG14 Action Challenge.