Deadline: December 1, 2022
Applications are invited for the Millennium Scholars Programme 2023. The Millennium Scholars Programme is the premiere scholarship development programme of the STAR Scholars Network. The programme provides emerging and early career scholars with the opportunity to build the network and knowledge needed to advance their academic careers.
The Millennium Scholars Programme supports advanced doctoral students and early career scholars (or scholar-practitioners) who identify with a low income, lower-middle income, or upper-middle income country, whether by birth, cultural heritage, or current residence. The programme supports participants in disseminating their research and scholarship to a global audience. It is designed around a three-part series of engagements that include professional development, peer-to-peer support, and perspectives from leading scholars. The fellowship runs from January 15, 2023 – June 15, 2023.
- Peer-To-Peer Support: Participants join a multinational community of support that includes cohort members and a mid- or senior-level mentor in the network.
- Professional Development: Participants engage in working sessions where they share emerging ideas and drafts of their work to give and receive feedback.
- Perspectives Roundtables: Participants participate in events with leading researchers to share perspectives and brainstorm future directions for their work.
- There is no cost to participate the Millennium Scholars Programme due to the generosity of individual and institutional members who make this possible, so money is never the reason why someone cannot participate in the programme.
- Advanced graduate students, early career scholars, and independent researchers are encouraged to apply if they identify with a country or higher education system country in a low income, lower-middle income, or upper-middle income country.
- Applicants who teach or research in fields including international education, comparative education, human geography, global studies, linguistics, psychology, sociology, communication, international business, economics, social work, cultural studies, and other related disciplines are welcome to apply.
- The programme is intended to serve new generations of scholars who may identify with traditionally minoritized groups, marginalized identities, and/or reside in countries in the Global South.
Applications for the 2023 Millennium Scholars programme are now open. The deadline for applications is December 1, 2022. Recipients will be notified by December 15, 2022. The programme will run from January 15, 2023 to June 15, 2023. Space is limited. Applicants who are not selected for this year’s cohort will be eligible for future cohorts.
For more information, visit Millennium Scholars Programme.