Deadline: December 4, 2022
Applications for the CyberGirls Fellowship Programme 2023 are now open. The CyberGirls Fellowship is a free 1-year programme that equips girls and women aged 18 – 28 years old with globally sought-after cybersecurity skills, positioning them to start a career in cybersecurity and helping them to seize work opportunities within Africa and across the world.
During the one-year duration of this fellowship, you will be given hands-on cybersecurity training, and mentorship, become certification-ready, and possibly get paid internship/job shadowing opportunities.
This initiative aims to improve the socio-economic well-being of girls and women living in underserved communities in Africa and contribute to fighting poverty & cybercrime, cybersecurity skills shortage, and gender disparity in the tech industry (particularly cybersecurity niche); as well as fighting unemployment/underemployment.
- The CyberGirls Fellowship Programme is free. You would not be required to make any payments before admission or during the programme.
- Open to a female, aged 18 – 28 years old as of the commencement of the fellowship on March 24, 2023.
- Be from and resident in an African country and passionate about (starting a career in) cybersecurity;
- Proficient in English and have completed High school/Secondary school;
- Can withstand the pressures of an intensive hands-on technical training;
- Have access to the internet and are willing to devote fully to 7 months of intensive training;
- Not participating in a Cybersafe Foundation Programme as of application close.
Application deadline is December 4, 2022. The training will commence on March 24, 2023 and end on October 23, 2023.