Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Programme 2023
Deadline: December 10, 2022
Applications are open for the Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Programme 2023. The MTECAP is a six-month online programme that catalyzes youth climate leadership by enabling participants to: connect with one another; learn from World Bank experts and Global Youth Climate Network (GYCN) and Connect4Climate (C4C) knowledge partners; and take meaningful climate action both in their communities and globally.
The programme offers a mix of technical and hands-on sessions providing the young ambassadors with in-depth knowledge and understanding of climate change and the related challenges explored in the World Bank Group Climate Change Action Plan as well as guidance on how to creatively communicate their newfound knowledge for maximal impact. By the conclusion of the programme, each participant will be expected to have attended a predefined number of learning sessions and implemented three concrete climate actions in their community. All those who meet these criteria will graduate and receive a certificate of completion.
This ambassadorship is an awesome opportunity that comes with real responsibilities. In order to receive certificates of completion and be invited to join the Alumni Community, participants in the programme must:
- Commit ~3 hours per week to programme activities between February and August 2023.
- Attend the mandatory opening and closing sessions, weekly online learning sessions (at least ⅔ of the total number of sessions — they expect to offer eight or more), and creative communications and storytelling sessions offered by Connect4Climate.
- Complete at least three climate-related actions in their communities and provide documentation thereof (photos, videos, online mentions, etc.) to GYCN.
- Participate in a dedicated Telegram channel where the GYCN team will share programmatic updates and opportunities from its partner network.
- Join networking sessions and actively participate in GYCN social media campaigns.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35;
- Have strong conversational English language skills
- Have reliable access to the internet.
Applicants will be evaluated on each of the following criteria:
- Past and current experience as a youth leader in communities at the local, regional, national, or global level. Demonstrated ability to organize community activities is an advantage.
- Passion for climate solutions and sustainable development, and motivation to take action and empower others. We are looking for self-starters willing to take charge.
- Scale and strength of the applicant’s network and active presence on social media.
- The potential impact of the applicant’s proposed contributions to their communities and networks.
Do you have what it takes to be a Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador? If you’re committed to climate action and excited to engage your community, they would love to hear from you!
Apply by December 10 and you could help bring Max’s passion for action to a new generation of leaders.
For more information, visit Climate Ambassadors Programme.